Monday 11 May 2009

Borrowed Rubber!

As I couldn't go to Convention just recently, I borrowed some new Stamp sets off Melissa (thanks heaps Mel). I had great fun playing with her stamp sets and almost didn't give them back hehehehe!
Below is a card made using one of the flowers from the Echos of Kindness set which is a lvl 2 Hostess set. Its also one of my first attempts at water colouring... I am pretty happy with that outcome even if there isn't much detail in it! I have also used the Friendly Words jumbo wheel (love it to bits!) in the background at the top of the card. On the bottom half is Bella Rose DSP. I have used the gorgeous new Eyelet border punch and the Scallop Edge border punch along with Ridinghood Red Taffeta Ribbon.
I sent this card to my big sister Robyn for her birthday last Friday. Happy Birthday Robbie - love you xx


The next card is using the Upsy Daisy set. I have used the marker pens to colour directly onto the stamp this time and then embossed clear embossing powder over the top to get that lovely raised shiny effect. The card stock is Not Quiet Navy and Bella Bleu DSP. The ribbon is Mellow Moss Taffeta - isn't it beautiful... I would still like to add a sentiment to this card - but I am waiting to get the Oval punch to do that!


The next card is basically the same design but different colours. Stamped in the same way with the Marker Pens and embossed. I used the gorgeous 1" Rose Red Ribbon and the Eyelet Border punch. The paper flower is from my stash. I sent the card to my mum for Mothers Day. (she loved it!)


The next card is actually made with borrowed rubber from the wonderful Darleen... it is called Cheers to You. We were busy on one of our usual get togethers on a Wednesday and she mentioned she needed a card for her brother but was busy with another project so I thought I'd have a play with this set and came up with this card. I gave it to her to give to her brother. I used water colour pencils to colour in the beer mugs and the rest of the card is very basic but works well for a male card don't you think??


Well, thats all for now - I hope you have enjoyed these new creations. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Love what you've done Jeanne. Oh there would have been a show down if they weren't returned. LOL!

    ReplyDelete