Sunday 21 June 2009

'Just Surfing' variation!

After the Christmas card class on Friday, the girls and I were going through some cards I had made and they were all impressed with the card I made for Mitchell's birthday with the 'Just Surfing' set. We were discussing some other ways to use this set. I suggested that you could use the board as a flower and they all said they like to see it done... so when they left, I had to try it!!


I have used the In Colours Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette , Riding Hood Red and Whisper White card stock and DSP. I used the Eyelet Border punch on the white card stock, then ran it through a crimper which makes it look even more lacey! The petals/boards have been embossed (shown in the photo below).


The sentiment is from the Upsy Daisy set which I also embossed, then cut out with the large oval punch. It is mounted onto two scallop circles which are overlapped to frame the oval. Lastly some Pink Pirouette striped grosgrain ribbon.
Hope you like it. Til next time xxx

1 comment:

  1. How cool is this!...What a clever girl you are to be so versatile with the surf board...I would have never thought of that....Looks great!...Love Bettina. xxx

    ReplyDelete